Food is an unavoidable element of life and all the nutrients required for life to sustain is received through the intake of food. So the fruits, veggies, oils, beverages, and water we feed our body help in keeping us alive. These obtained nutrients and minerals assist numerous organs and organ systems. One of the vital organs is our eyes. Nutrition highly affects the growth, health, and wellness of our body. We need food to keep our eyes healthy throughout our lives as they are one of the vital organs of our body.
However, having common myopia or hypermetropia has become very frequent in small children and young adults. The major reason for such widespread distribution of poor health is the prolonged use of electronic devices as part of our everyday lifestyle. This makes people glued to their vision glasses for the rest of their lives. In order to improve the well-being of the eyes, substantial improvement in the quality of food intake is essential to practice on a regular basis.
We have categorized some regular food items on the basis of vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods. Adequate consumption of these foods in the regular diet will slowly enrich nutrients healthy for the eyes and enhance the wellness of eyes and vision.
Food To Keep Your Eyes Healthy:
Vegetarian options :
- Carrots – They are a huge resource for beta carotene, Vitamin A, C, and E which helps in the proper functioning of the retina.
- Green leafy vegetables like Spinach – Are rich in antioxidants, lutein, and zeaxanthin which are essential for preventing cataracts.
- Bell Peppers – They are a great source of Vitamin A and C which keeps homeostasis in blood vessels to the eye.
- Oranges and Berries – Citric fruits and berries like grapes, strawberries, etc are extremely rich in Vitamin C and help maintain blood pressure and also eye pressure.
- Legumes and pulses – These are bioflavonoids and zinc-rich seeds which prevent macular degeneration and protect the eyes.
- Sweet Potatoes – Vitamin A is the major component in sweet potatoes which reduces the chances of getting color or night blindness.
- Pistachios and Olive oil – They’re rich resources for saturated and trans fat which help in lubrication in ocular movement. Gamma tocopherol (Vitamin E) present in pistachios and other nuts & seeds assists in anti-inflammatory activities.
- Whole grains – These are carbohydrate resources that sustain blood glucose levels and provide suitable energy to the eyes.
- Salmon – Salmons are excellent for improving eyesight as they are packed with Omega-3 and fatty acids, and are used in medication for eye disorders.
- Fish Oil – Fish Oil is mostly used in East Asian cuisines for extra flavor. Fish oils have omega-3 and fatty acid components which improve the health of the eye.
- Eggs – Egg yolks are storehouses of lutein and zeaxanthin which help prevent macular degeneration.
Even if you are already suffering from eye disorders and are dependent on eyewear for clear vision, these food items in any cuisine will have a huge positive impact on your eyesight. People already suffering from ocular diseases are very prone to severe eyesight disorders. And the current conditions of lifestyle help in no way to provide ideal situations to improve vision. The frequent use of mobile phones, tablets, LED televisions, billboards, etc. only worsens the eye condition day by day.
However, regularly including these foods will help prevent the worsening of eye conditions as there would be more nutrients assisting the health of the eyes. Wearing eyewear is a trend nowadays, but caring for your eyesight should be a lifestyle. The eyes are way more delicate than other organs of our bodies. Hence nourishing them with proper food and taking much-needed care of their eyes will result in healthy and beautiful eyes and vision in the future.
To shop Eyewear Accessories click here.